Research with undergraduate students
- Advisor for NSF-funded student research
project: Developing a
Technique for Classifying Pain-Related SEP Waveforms. Danfei Xu,
2012. NSF grant IIP-0917466, subaward 4501-DC-NSF-7466.
- Co-advisor for senior
project: Recapitulation of
Leukemia Cell Gene Clusters using Transcription Factor Binding Sites
as Indicators of Gene Expression. Philip Hubert. Dickinson
College senior project thesis, 2012.
- Advisor for honors thesis: PathFinder in CUDA. James Doyle. Dickinson College computer science honors thesis, 2010. Presented at Dickinson Science Research Symposium, 2010 (poster).
- Advisor of student-faculty summer research project: The PathFinder image segmentation
algorithm. Fabio Drucker, 2009. Also appeared as: Fast Superpixels for Video Analysis, Fabio Drucker and John MacCormick, in Proc. IEEE Workshop on Motion and Video Computing (WMVC), 2009.
- Advisor for honors thesis: Improving the two color
prior Bayesian demosaicing algorithm. Ke Zhou. Dickinson
College computer science honors thesis, 2009. Presented at Sigma
Xi Research Symposium, St. Joseph's University, 2009 (poster).
- Advisor for honors thesis: Dynamical Effects of
Non-Linearities and Time-Varying Gain Modulation in Neurally
Plausible Network Models of Perceptual Decision-Making. Ritwik
Niyogi. Dickinson College mathematics honors thesis,
2009. Presented at Sigma Xi Research Symposium, St. Joseph's
University, 2009 (poster), and also appeared as:
Time-varying gain modulation on neural circuit dynamics and
performance in perceptual decisions, R. Niyogi and K.F. Wong-Lin,
Abstract #246, Computational and Systems Neuroscience (CoSyNe)
2010, Salt Lake City, UT, USA (Feb, 2010)
to John MacCormick's