Computer Science 251
Spring Semester 1997
TTh 2:00 - 3:15
South College 04
Programming Project Resources
- Sample Project Makefile and Instructions
- A sample makefile that will work for the first project. Instructions on using the makefile to build your project. Instructions on extending the makefile to include other source files.
- How to write a Makefile
- An introduction to writing Makefiles for UNIX. You may find some of this information useful when creating Makefiles for your projects.
- Unix (SunOS) Man Page Search
- A 'webized' version of the man pages from a unix machine. This page enables you to search the man pages by keyword.
- UNIXhelp for Users
- Helpful information for users of the UNIX operating system, developed at the University of Edinburgh. This is a pretty comprehensive guide to using UNIX and many of the common applications on a UNIX machine.
- The #C++ Website
- This seems like a fairly comprehensive site that contains a lot of C++ information and links to even more C++ information.
- Inquiry.com's Ask the C++ Pro
- This site contains a wealth of knolwege orgainized in a common questions and answers format. You can also submit your own questions that the C++ pro will answer.
- C++ Annotations
- This looks like a pretty solid reference to many C++ topics. They advertise it as "intended for knowledgable users of C who would like to make the transition to C++." It should also be good for C++ programmers who are a bit rusty.
- The C++ Virtual Library
- Lots of information on C++ including where to find documentation, tutorials, courses and even jobs.
- Yahoo's Programming Languages:C/C++ section.
- There is a ton of information here. Mostly in the form of links to other sites. If you find any that are particularly useful let me know and we'll link them directly.
On-Line C++ Courses
- Understanding C++: An Accelerated Introduction
- An on-line tutorial for C++ that covers the following topics: C++ Enhancements to C, Vocabulary, Classes, Inheritance, Operator Overloading, Handling Pointers and Virtual Functions.
- Introduction to Object-Oriented programming in C++
- A virtual course on C++ programming. This includes on-line tutorial to the C++ language and Object-Oriented programming.
- From The Ground Up: A Guide to C++
- An on-line tutorial to the C++ language. It is fully customizable and remembers who you are and what you were doing between visits. This is a bit slow because it uses every bell and whistle that modern web browers support.
These pages designed and maintained by Grant Braught