Computer Science 251
Spring Semester 1997
TTh 2:00 - 3:15
South College 04
Class #2 - Digital Logic Gates & Boolean Functions
SCO - Tannenbaum - Chapter 3, section 3.1.1.
- How might you implement logic functions other than NOT, AND and OR using resisters and transistors?
- What would the truth table look like for an AND (OR, NAND, NOR) gate with 3 or 4 inputs?
- If you need a 4 input AND gate but only have a bunch of 2 input AND gates can you build a circuit that will have the same truth table as a 4 input AND gate? What about the other logic functions?
- Project 1: Logic Gate Implementation
- In project 1 you will implement the basic digial logic gates using C++ functions. These gates will be used in other projects throughout the semester to build a simulated computer.
These pages designed and maintained by Grant Braught